CO767FA
Topic Author

Non-Rev Dress Code For DL

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:14 am

It looks like we might be NR on DL and I read our company website for their dress code, but it seems out of date. IRC, last year they relaxed their dress code for NR travel. I would appreciate any of my counterparts at DL posting the dress code for NR with kids travelling in coach or first on domestic segments.

Thanks.

indywa

RE: Non-Rev Dress Code For DL

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:19 am

* Overall appearance should be well-groomed, neat, clean, safe and respectful, from head to toe.
* Clothing should be respectful of fellow passengers.
* Footwear – shoes are required unless the pass rider is not able to wear footwear due to a disability or physical condition.

Allowed:

* Shorts
* T-shirts
* Jeans
* Flip flops
* Ball caps
* Tank tops
* Tattoos
* Body piercing
* Extreme hairstyles

NOT Allowed:
* Passenger that is (or appears to be) intoxicated
* Passenger whose dress violates public decency laws and or community standards (examples include clothing that is sheer or inappropriately revealing or is designated as sleepwear, underwear, or swim attire)
* Bare feet
* Clothing that is excessively dirty, stained or torn
* Clothing that is vulgar, offensive or suggestive

ZBBYLW

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:40 am

Wow! It is really too bad DL is letting their NR pax get away with all that. Can they get upgraded wearing that type of clothing? I find that a joke personally, NR should be buisness casual at least.
Keep the shinny side up!

FlyASAGuy2005

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:09 am

Quoting ZBBYLW (Reply 2):

Have you seen what people in "business class" wear? I obviously can't speak for everyone that rides up front but it's just peronal experience and DL finally came to their senses. DL's non-rev policy does not offer "upgrades" per say. They clear the nr list from the front of the a/c to the back so it just depends on seniority and what level of priority you use.

They implemented this right after I stopped working over there. Basically, us non-revs were standing out more in the business casual that was required and I believe it was also a morale thing, who knows. It was also I believe to ease the need for gate agents to be fashion police.
What gets measured gets done.

rwy04lga

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:09 am

Can they get upgraded wearing that type of clothing?

Yes.

NR should be business casual at least.

I agree and always dress appropriately.
Just accept that some days, you're the pigeon, and other days the statue

flyjoe

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:13 am

Wow, DL has changed a lot over the years. I was with US in the 90s and we had a relaxed dress code, though no shorts were allowed like they can now. It felt odd having to dress up to non-rev on DL back then, but that was the policy and you did what you had to for a free ride.

kcrwflyer

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:39 am

What difference does what you wear really make?

Wow! It is really too bad DL is letting their NR pax get away with all that. Can they get upgraded wearing that type of clothing? I find that a joke personally, NR should be buisness casual at least.

Oh no freedom!............. Like I said, why does it even matter? Obviously you should look presentable and groomed, but why biz casual?