aviationnut12

Question About Ft. Lauderdale Daytrip?

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Hey all, just wondering if anyone could give me advice. Spirit is having a sale, which by the way is very good! I was thinking of taking a daytrip from MCO-FLL with a friend as neither of us have been and we're just bored looking for something to do. Is Ft. Lauderdale easy to get around using public transportation? Is it a good daytrip destination? I would appreciate any suggestions. By the way, the fare on Spirit roundtrip is $44 which is hard to beat!
Every choice is a step, steps become direction, direction determines destination

AA757MIA

RE: Question About Ft. Lauderdale Daytrip?

Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:41 pm

I wouldnt count on public transportation, you can go ahead and check http://www.broward.org/bct/, but I can tell you that pretty much all routes and schedules are very inconvenient, especially if it is a day trip, you will lose too much time waiting for buses and stuff.

There are a lot of places you can visit, Las Olas, Riverfront, Hard Rock, it all depends on what you'd like to do.

isitsafenow

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:36 pm

If its on a week-end, Hollywood beach is good for the view.

knowwhatimean?
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

flymia

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:14 pm

Public Transportation is not good, I am sure it is possible to use the bus to get to the beach but I have no idea how and I would never try. Just take a cab from the airport to a beach in Ft. Lauderdale not much else to do besides for that and spotting in FLL. Cab wont cost you more thanj $17 each way and will save you at least an hour each way for the bus.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)