Lufthansa LAX-FRA Questions

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:29 am

A few questions about Lufthansa's LAX service...

1. I noticed they now have 2x to FRA all the way through to October, is this a permanent addition or just temporary?

2. Any chance the one 747 will be replaced with an airbus so the route would be all Airbus?

3. What terminal at LAX does LH fly out of.

4. I take it LH does well out of LH with flights to Muc too?

RE: Lufthansa LAX-FRA Questions

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:55 am

1. LH is offering a 2nd daily FRA-LAX-FRA roundtrip in the summer schedule for quite a couple of years now. LH456/457 is a year round service, while LH450/451 is the seasonal (summer schedule only) flight.

2. LH's LAX flights are usually packed to the rim. That's why they started offering a 2nd daily flight during the peak summer season in the first place. Both flights are full, the yields are good and UA which also served FRA-LAX-FRA for a few months withdrew from the route alltogether, leaving it exclusively to LH. Also the 80 seat C-class version is needed as there is a high demand for Business Class seats on the route. So I highly doubt that LH as any plans to remove the 747 from the route and replace it with an Airbus. In fact, FRA-LAX is a proposed route for the A380, so until that one arrives LAX will definitely be served with 747's.

3. LH operates out of Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX.

4. LAX is a very important city for LH and they are making a lot of money on both routes: FRA-LAX and MUC-LAX. The flight out of MUC is served with the Airbus A340-600.

Best regards

RE: Lufthansa LAX-FRA Questions

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:29 am

Quoting Deltaflyertoo (Thread starter):
A few questions about Lufthansa's LAX service...

In addition, please take into account that LH-affiliate LX flies between ZRH and LAX offering pax another option; actually they can select to connect at 3 airports, while returning through a diffent one.
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !