ozvirginuk

Qantas Club (international) SYD Help

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:24 am

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some more information on the Qantas Club in the International terminal in SYD. I'm a frequen visitor to the domestic Qantas club, but my partner and I are flying in J from SYD to LHR in June, and I'd like to know what to expect (and how early to bother turning up for it'!)

What services are on offer? What's the food selection like?? Is there any sort of spa services?? The Qantas website is rubbish when it comes to info about the Qantas Club (especially the international ones). We've been very spoiled in the past having spent many a pre-flight hour in the VS Clubhouse at LHR.

How will QF Club SYD compare??

Any information greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Ozvirginuk.

ClassicLover

RE: Qantas Club (international) SYD Help

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:43 am

Quoting Ozvirginuk (Thread starter):
What services are on offer? What's the food selection like?? Is there any sort of spa services??

For the Qantas Club, there are no spa services in the SYD international terminal for J passengers.

There are showers, the business centre with many computers, television, lots of food selections, drinks, newspapers etc. It's a large lounge and is quite comfortable, but there's nothing to shout out loud about.

Now if you had access to the F lounge it would be a totally different story  Smile

An hour would do it in the J lounge really.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

ozvirginuk

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:46 am

Thanks for the info ClassicLover.

Sound like we shouldn't make a special effort to get there too early.

One thing, do they have a proper menu service for food, or is it just the cold buffet like in the domestic QF lounges?

NZ107

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:59 am

There are some TRs which cover the new lounge, especially those ones on the QF inaugural A380 flights. Wouldn't hurt checking them out.
It's all about the destination AND the journey.

ClassicLover

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:25 pm

Quoting Ozvirginuk (Reply 2):
One thing, do they have a proper menu service for food, or is it just the cold buffet like in the domestic QF lounges?

Buffet featuring hot and cold food depending on the time of day...  Smile

Menu service and table service again is only in the F lounge  Smile
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!