Topic Author

Air France Or Lufthansa's Business Class?

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:26 am

Hello everyone,

I've been debating on whether booking a flight from CCS to CDG in AF or LH in Business Class.

The flight date would be June 5th, and for that day the scheduled planes are A343 by AF, and A346 by LH. (AF flies 744 on other regular days)

Considering these two planes only, I would definitely choose LH. However, the routing (and perhaps the service up front) would make me go for AF.

Has any of you flown on these two planes and business classes? Which is by far the best in terms of comfort, food, cabin service, and overall experience from the infamous A.net point of view?

Thanks!!!

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

WAC

RE: Air France Or Lufthansa's Business Class?

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:48 pm

AH!! personally i prefer AF in terms of food etc...but LH is maybe a safer bet....

HT

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Quoting 797 (Thread starter):
Which is by far the best in terms of

None of the two carriers clearly outshines the other in any field, but indeed they are different.

AF definitely has the advantage of lacking the need to transfer.
That being said, LH would be my carrier of choice based on recent personal experience.
I cannot really get accustomed to the French way of service, but this is strictly my  twocents .
(My recent disliking of the Flying Blue program is a minor factor here (I had been a loyal Flying Dutchman member before, so I joined FB from the "KL"-side).)

The A346 is a even better aircraft to fly in than the already good (read: quiet) A343, IMO.
LH uses T1 at CDG which means pretty short walking distances; a terminal that has been refurbished in the relevant sections.
Only downside might be the (possibly) long queue at security check at the departure gate (in the satellite building).

I leave it to others to point out which exact terminal AF uses for the flight to CCS - and which waiting times are to be expected ...

-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

musapapaya

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:18 pm

I would go for LH for their aircraft, and the chance of earning more miles with their Miles and More program.

Also I think the level of consistency of services is better on LH, and I dont know if the AF A343 will be very old.

AF:0
LH:2

regards
musapapaya
Lufthansa Group of Airlines