rsrik

Return On Loyalty With Delta

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Guys
Consider this fact: DL has this double/triple Medallion Miles promotion between Apr - Jun. Tickets must be purchased after Mar 23, I am told.
Consider this too: I am based near SFO. Despite SFO being a United hub and the schedule/cost choices that UA has to offer, I jump through hoops to bring my business to DL/NW (because I earned my first ever 'status' with them). I have chosen them for almost every one of my flights, in excess of 100K the past 2 years, and well on course this year too. My peeve is that had I known of this promotion, I would have booked my tickets within the dates that they're running this promotion. I am flying them from SFO-NRT tomorrow, which is within the dates for the promotion, but bought the ticket on Mar 20, which is outside the range.
I am quite willing to let this go, considering that they have strict policies and procedures.
I am also wondering if they might consider cutting me some slack considering my terrific loyalty towards them.
What is your opinion? Thanks!

hjulicher

RE: Return On Loyalty With Delta

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:59 pm

I would still register for the program and see what happens. You are traveling during the specified period, and so maybe they will still award you the miles. Also, make sure you are traveling in a fare class that gets you those double/triple mileage bonuses. Remember that they are only for EQM's. So you may have purchased a fare that's not even eligable. Otherwise, after the trip, you can call customer service and see if they'll credit you the miles.
LH 442

rsrik

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Quoting Hjulicher (Reply 1):

Henry,
Thanks for the suggestion. I did enrol, so I guess I will know within the next 2-3 days what Delta's verdict will be.
My fare class is one that will fetch twice the EQM (or MQM, as DL calls it).
I am wondering: if they don't give double MQM to begin with, would they be flexible enough to consider it later. Have frequent fliers from other airlines noticed flexibility within other airlines?
Thanks

adriaticus

Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:20 am

Sometimes DL shows flexibility with its top customers. I was Platinum Mediallion for 7 years in a row; last year I decided to give another program a try, and accrued only 25K MQMs in DL in order to retain Silver Medallion status. Their response was to send me a sympathy letter telling me they would maintain a Gold Medallion status through 02/2010, considering my loyalty history to the program, and hoping for me to reconsider the benefits of returning to DL as before.

I think that is an outstanding action. I've already accrued 14K MQMs with DL again since I got the letter in mid-March...

__Ad.
A300/18/19/20/21 B721/2 B732/3/G/8 B741/2/4 B752 B762/3/4 B772/3 DC8/9/10 MD11 TU134/154 IL62/86 An24 SA340/2000 E45/90