UnitedFlyer
Topic Author

Connection In SFO

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:28 am

In July, I will be making an evening connection in SFO that will require me to leave the UA terminal and walk over to the US Airways terminal. My understanding is I will need to clear security to change terminals. I will have 59 minutes....has anybody had any experience with this terminal change...most importantly, will 59 minutes be a 'comfortable' amount of time to clear security and make the walk. Thanks!!

DesertFlyer

RE: Connection In SFO

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:16 am

I think if you truely have 59 minutes it will be tight, but very possible to do. Do not check bags and check i for your US Airways flight the night before. I would take the AirTrain (Red Line) from terminal 3 to terminal 1. It should get you over there in 5 minutes. Security hasn't been too bad lately so you'll probably be able to get through in 10 minutes or so.

Just a note, I've had problems before with US gate agents closing the door at or just before 10 minutes of the scheduled departure. So really you only have 49 minutes assuming UA gets you there on time.

This might help you out:
http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/atsfo/airtrain/map/

UnitedFlyer
Topic Author

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:42 am

Thanks Desert Flyer! Yesterday, my schedule changed to 75 minutes in SFO....That ought to make things a little less tight...!

DesertFlyer

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:08 pm

I think 75min is perfect connection time. Enjoy your travel through SFO, I always do.  Smile