klemmi85

Which Card Would You Prefer To Use?

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi,
currently I'm studying some creditcard / bonus cards and was wondering which one you prefer? What's the best choice for lounge access, for earning miles..... ?

Which card would you recommend?
quit a.net 07/2016

aace24

RE: Which Card Would You Prefer To Use?

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:38 pm

I'd go with the Starwood Preferred Guest Amex card.

It's the best when it comes to gaining points/miles.

seattleflyer

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:11 am

I prefer Diner's Club card. But it all depends on what airlines/hotels, etc you want to earn mile with. Diners has some that Amex doesn't and vice versa. For the airlines I prefer, Diners is usually better - I've never found any use for my Amex points except at Starwood hotels.

Occasionally Diners and BA will do a promo for 1.5 miles for each Diners point - what a deal!

But you'll just have to go online and look at the benefit catalogs and T&C's to see what's best for you.

deltairlines

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:14 am

Starwood American Express. Best CC on the market.

LAXintl

Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:36 am

The non branded real AMEX Platinum Card.

Points go to the AMEX Membership Rewards program which can be transferred into a host of airline programs, while the card provides lounge access at AA, CO, DL, NW for you and a guest. In addition other AMEX benefits are its wonderful concierge service and the buy 1, get 1 free on business class ticket program on several international airlines.

However since your flag is German, much of what we say on this side of the ocean might not be applicable to your situation as card issuers offer very different benefits in different markets.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

HT

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:05 am

Quoting Klemmi85 (Thread starter):
Which card would you recommend?

Which Alliance do you fly most ?
Looking into your profile, and assuming that you prefer to fly out of FMO, your choice is limited to either Star Alliance or SkyTeam.

This leads to either LH's Mastercard (two options for non-status customers) and KL's AMEX.
Several hotel / rental car chains will credit you miles into either account directly and several loyalty cards will be able to convert your loyalty points into FF-miles.

Check out LH's Miles&More and KL/AF's Flying Blue for conditions (those at FB have changed recently and not to the favour of the customer making it harder to collect eough miles for reward flights).
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

klemmi85

Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:48 am

Quoting HT (Reply 5):
Which Alliance do you fly most ?
Looking into your profile, and assuming that you prefer to fly out of FMO, your choice is limited to either Star Alliance or SkyTeam.

I don't prefer flying out of FMO, I go for DUS, AMS, LHR in general. So I think I'm quite flexible.

I'll check those mentioned by all of you, thanks so far  Wink
quit a.net 07/2016