sflaflight

MIA-MXP On AF Or DL

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:37 am

Leaving Monday last minute. Connections on DL thru ATL suck (over 4 hours) is all that is left. Having done DL before, I know what to expect, but AF is offering for 30.00 USD more MIA-CDG and 1:45 minutes later CDG-MXP. I always prefer connecting in Europe because if I misconnect, I can grab many of the other CDG-MXP options (including renting a car) which is not that easy if I misconnectin ATL.

The question is how is AF. I've never done them. Is MIA still Caribbean layed out old 744. I assume DL's 763 is nicer. At 492.00 USD including taxes return, I can't complain, though. Just wondering what a.nutters would do (obviously FF doesn't matter as both are Skyteam memvers).

goldorak

RE: MIA-MXP On AF Or DL

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:58 am

AF flight will be 744. It's not possible to know if you'll have the most recent A/C or the oldest ones. In any case, I would definitely choose AF. Their service in Y if far better than DL (good food, free champagne, etc) and if you can have a seat at the upper deck, you'll have a very nice flight (higher pitch, sure to have PTV, quiter cabin, etc)
Enjoy !

IAHFLYR

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Ever think of MIA-EWR-MXP on CO?
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

sflaflight

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:21 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 2):
Ever think of MIA-EWR-MXP on CO?

Well for one, it was ~500.00 USD more in coach than DL and AF (at the time of booking - 7 days out). I DO love CO, but right now, that's alot of money for me. In this economy, I'm lucky to even be taking this trip!   From what I've heard CO EWR-MXP is quite popular so that is why I'm sure CO was much more. I only had 7 days to purchase this one. Everytime I've flown DL ATL-MXP, it is quite empty going. I've flown that one with 33 people in coach before. AF is just protecting the route.

I really miss the MIA-MXP non stop; I can tell you that much. It really stretches this trip time wise. AF/DL seem dedicated to making MIA-MXP passengers go thru one of their hubs (CDG/ATL/JFK) as they have continuously been the lowest fare everytime I travel to MXP from MIA. AA (my first choice since I'm AA platinum now) don't really have the best timing out of their JFK hub. I can't understand why AA don't offer same plane service on this one.

[Edited 2009-04-29 17:25:06]

sflaflight

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:26 am

Quoting Goldorak (Reply 1):
if you can have a seat at the upper deck, you'll have a very nice flight (higher pitch, sure to have PTV, quiter cabin, etc)
Enjoy !

How can I get one of those?

goldorak

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:42 am

Quoting Sflaflight (Reply 4):
How can I get one of those?

you can pre-book them if you are elite/elite+ but I think now everybody can pre-book there for 50 Euros. You can try also during OLCI or at the airport.