Pe@rson
Topic Author

Online Check-in With QR

Fri May 01, 2009 10:30 am

I am flying LHR-DOH-DXB tomorrow with QR. This airline offers online check-in from 36 hours prior to departure. That my flight is 2130 tomorrow, I should have been able to check-in from 0930 this morning. It has gone 1100 and it still won’t let me (incidentally, I have no problem accessing my booking on its website, indicating that my PNR is fine). I have hitherto been unable to check-in online for KL and CO flights, but funnily enough never had any issues on budget airlines. It is annoying and disappointing particularly for a supposedly five-star airline, and it will mean that I will either have to phone them up – which will cost a fair amount on my mobile – or wait to check-in at the airport.

Has anyone else had issues with their online check-in with QR?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Pe@rson
Topic Author

RE: Online Check-in With QR

Fri May 01, 2009 10:52 am

Bloody useless. I phoned them and told them and asked to reserve some seats, and all they said was they couldn't do that; that the website must have an error; and that I should keep trying or check-in at the airport. Fat lot of good that is.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Qatara340

Fri May 01, 2009 11:58 am

Quoting Pe@rson (Thread starter):
Has anyone else had issues with their online check-in with QR?

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 1):
Bloody useless. I phoned them and told them and asked to reserve some seats, and all they said was they couldn't do that; that the website must have an error; and that I should keep trying or check-in at the airport. Fat lot of good that is.

I check-in online at QR all the time! Must be your computer, since some computers dont check in--some do. For example, whenever I use my computer, the online function doesnt work. But, when I use my brother's computer, it works. Try using a different computer.
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

wilco737

Fri May 01, 2009 12:22 pm

Quoting QatarA340 (Reply 2):
I check-in online at QR all the time! Must be your computer, since some computers dont check in--some do. For example, whenever I use my computer, the online function doesnt work. But, when I use my brother's computer, it works. Try using a different computer.

That is indeed weird. So, you need to own at least 2 Computer to check in online at QR?  boggled 
Then I guess the check in system at QR doesn't like specific configurations of Windows/ Mac and the browser or some firewall settings?

In my opinion that is a little annoying.

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 1):
I phoned them and told them and asked to reserve some seats, and all they said was they couldn't do that

Even there they cannot do it?! Let's hope you get a proper seat on your flight tomorrow, otherwise send a nice complain letter Big grin

wilco737

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Fri May 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks foilks.

Quoting QatarA340 (Reply 2):
Must be your computer

Nope, as tried three different ones.

But, it is FINALLY working!