pelican

Transfer From Gatwick South To North Terminal

Tue May 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Does anybody know whether 1:55 h is enough time to transfer from the South terminal at Gatwick to the North terminal?

I want to book two flights with flybe and Air Southwest for August. Because I haven't been to Gatwick airport yet, I want to know whether it is possible to get my baggage at the South Terminal, transfer to the North Terminal and to check in again with Air Southwest in 1 hour 55 minutes. Allows this shedule any reserves for minor delays?

Thanks for any help in advance,

pelican

PlymSpotter

RE: Transfer From Gatwick South To North Terminal

Wed May 06, 2009 12:13 am

I've done this many times although never with checked bags, it is possible to do in 1h 55m, although personally I like to leave a layover of 3h in order to be extra safe. WOW open check in two hours before departure at LGW which is handled in the BA area right in front of the main escalators up from the N/S shuttle train, but you might not have the best choice of seats by the time you arrive. I'd allow a good 45 mins for reclaim at the South Terminal and then the walk and train ride across to the North, which gives you 40 minutes leeway in case of delays to reach check in before it closes, 30 minutes before departure.

Is it the last flight of the day you'll be taking with WOW? If not, you might wish to consider the 'missed departure fee' option, where by if you miss your flight you give them a ring and they'll get you on the next open flight for a £50 per head fee. It might even be cheaper in that case to book on the later flight anyway, then if you do realise that you'll be arriving on time phone them up and ask to pay the 'earlier flight departure fee', which is just £15. You'll need to check with the airline if this has to be done 2 hours prior to you scheduled departure though.

Dan  Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...