Eljonno
Topic Author

BA Executive Club Upgrades

Tue May 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Is earning tier points still the only way to upgrade Executive Club membership with British Airways? I am currently a blue member but noticed, when I logged onto the website that it said I would qualify for silver membership if I earned the required number tier points, OR if I take x amount of flights operated (or marketed) with a BA flight number? The information link about earning tier points didn't work, so I'm a bit confused about how this new(?) system of upgrading membership works - can anyone explain further?

runway23

RE: BA Executive Club Upgrades

Tue May 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Quoting Eljonno (Thread starter):
Is earning tier points still the only way to upgrade Executive Club membership with British Airways? I am currently a blue member but noticed, when I logged onto the website that it said I would qualify for silver membership if I earned the required number tier points, OR if I take x amount of flights operated (or marketed) with a BA flight number? The information link about earning tier points didn't work, so I'm a bit confused about how this new(?) system of upgrading membership works - can anyone explain further?

You need the required number of points and at least four qualifying flights operated by BA.

Eljonno
Topic Author

RE: BA Executive Club Upgrades

Tue May 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Quoting Runway23 (Reply 1):
You need the required number of points and at least four qualifying flights operated by BA.

Thanks, I understand that I can upgrade by earning another x amount of tier points on (at least) 4 flights - that's always been the case, but the website now also implies that I can upgrade by taking another 46 flights with BA (i.e. without earning tier points). Have I got that wrong?
It shows a little graph of how many tier points (on qualifying flights) I need and a second one, which indicated that I would qualify with another 46 flights.