CXfirst
Topic Author

Star Alliance Mileage Question

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:03 am

I have two questions.

If I use mileage to upgrade from Y class to C class, will I get mileage from the flight? Will that be Y class mileage (100%) or C class mileage (150%). I know if you use mileage for an award flight you get nothing, but this is only an upgrade.

Another question is, suppose I have two star alliance member FF cards, TG and TK. If I use my TG mileage to upgrade my TG flight, will they allow me to claim the mileage onto my TK account?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, change this if necessary.

-CXfirst

flymd

RE: Star Alliance Mileage Question

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:27 am

Quoting CXfirst (Thread starter):
If I use mileage to upgrade from Y class to C class, will I get mileage from the flight? Will that be Y class mileage (100%) or C class mileage (150%). I know if you use mileage for an award flight you get nothing, but this is only an upgrade.

You only get mileage for your paid class of service (ie Y) when you use miles to upgrade.
Fly the friendly skies of life!. Enjoy every minute.

CXfirst
Topic Author

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:38 am

Ok thanks. All I would need was the Y amount of mileage to get star gold on that flight.

Anyone have any answer for the second question?

-CXfirst

eric

Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:15 pm

You will need to do everything with the TG card but when you get to the airport (until you have the upgrade), ask them to delete the FF info and apply the TK number in stead.
n

CXfirst
Topic Author

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:48 am

Quoting Eric (Reply 3):
You will need to do everything with the TG card but when you get to the airport (until you have the upgrade), ask them to delete the FF info and apply the TK number in stead.

That's what I was thinking. But I was worried that it wouldn't work. Securing the elite status is more important to me, so I think I will travel this route in economy (the A345 have 36 inc. pitch in Y class anyway), and then use my points from the TG card to upgrade on a flight later in the year, or get myself an award seat to NZ or something.

-CXfirst

bananaboy

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:19 pm

I believe that there are two fields within your PNR for frequent flyer numbers (certainly is on UA)

FQTV - The mileage program and number you want miles credited to
FQTS - The mileage program with which you have status that you wish to use on that reservation.

It may be useful for you in future if you want to earn in one program whilst using the status from another.

Mark
All my life, I've been kissing, your top lip 'cause your bottom one's missing