signol

Johannesburg Airport Question

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi all JNB based people,

we'll be transitting JNB in December, arriving at 17.40 from DUR and continuing to AMS at 00.05. We'll be travelling with a baby. The question is, are there any feeding / changing facilities, and / or places where the baby can sleep? I'm thinking of quiet corners of the international terminal, or even if a public business lounge has small private rooms that we can rent?

Thanks for any info!

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

andz

RE: Johannesburg Airport Question

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:18 am

I don't think there is anything in the terminal. There is the Intercontinental hotel across the road but the room rate is outrageous, ZAR 3,150 a day. It looks like they are building a hotel on top of the new parkade but I don't see any mention of it on the ACSA website. It could be offices but it looks like a hotel. Otherwise it is changing in the public toilets and resting in an open public area.

There are plenty other hotels in the area but that means leaving the airport and you aren't really going to be there that long so it may be impractical. Can't you arrive later? SAA's last flight from DUR arrives at 10pm.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

SA7700

RE: Johannesburg Airport Question

Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:21 pm

The IC is pretty expensive. Protea Hotels have a transit hotel after immigration at JNB. Protea Hotel Transit

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)