Kennyone
Topic Author

Anything Interesting To Do At JFK?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Hello to everyone!

I booked a flight with DL, routing DAB-ATL-JFK-NCE. My ATL-JFK flight arrives at JFK at 10:59 am, and the JFK-NCE leg starts at 5:35 pm. I've had longer waits, and I'm sure you all have too! So for anyone who knows JFK well, can you tell me what's around in the airport (in the DL terminal, of course, unless...?) and if there is anything interesting to do during that 6 and a half hour long wait?

Thank you very much!

Kennyone
Soarin'

CrimsonNL

RE: Anything Interesting To Do At JFK?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:48 pm

Hey,

I spent 5 hours in that terminal last February. There isn't that much to do, but you can take a long walk from one end to the other and do some spotting along the way. Apart from that, it was a long wait, with almost no WIFI signal at the gate.. There are however plenty of restaurants/bars

Regards Martijn
Always comparing your flown types list with mine

nycbjr

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:56 pm

If you don't mind exiting and doing TSA again, take the airtrain around the airport and see the other terminals.

Terminal 4 is fairly new and has some good bars/restaurants not through security. Not sure about the new terminal 5 and what they have not through security but I would be some nice ones, besides its the newest terminal, fun to explore them!

This coming from someone who lives in manhattan, I should go and check it out hehe  Smile

Kennyone
Topic Author

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Thanks!  Smile Too bad for the WIFI. I'll just go spotting and check out the terminals I guess.

Good day !  Smile
Soarin'

TUNisia

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:05 pm

If TWA was still around you could head over to Terminal 5 and hang out in the fabulous Lisbon Lounge..... the memory of it still beats any exec / first class lounge today.
Someday the sun will shine down on me in some faraway place - Mahalia Jackson

oswegobag

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:54 pm

There are some nice shops in Terminal 4 also... all before security. It is fun to walk around the ticket counters at 4 and people watch with so many different nationalities.

m11stephen

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Quoting TUNisia (Reply 4):
If TWA was still around you could head over to Terminal 5 and hang out in the fabulous Lisbon Lounge..... the memory of it still beats any exec / first class lounge today.

He could go visit T5 and whats left of the original T5.
My opinions, statements, etc. are my own and do not have any association with those of any employer.