Topic Author

Transfer/Connection At CDG

Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Hello All-

I am going to transfering on Air France on my route IAD-CDG-ZRH coming up in August. I only have 1.5 hrs to transfer from my DC flight to a "City Jet" Avro flight. Is this enough time?

To be honest, I do not even know which terminals these arrive into/depart from. I believe IAD is 2E or 2F and the CityJEt flight is 2G...is it even possible to make this connection?

I will be doing the same on the return leg ZRH-CDG-IAD.

Will I need to clear immigration/customs/security? Has anyone done this route?

Am a bit worrried, any help would be most appreciated!!

Now it should be "IFLYDCA"

RE: Transfer/Connection At CDG

Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Connections in general in CDG work well. There are buses and trains between the two terminals and transferring from 2E/F to 2G is easy (if you can walk like a normal person that is).

The maps at the aiport are very clear and there are indications everywhere you look. If you're flying with AF, you can ask the crew for directions upon arrival at CDG.

There is a map of CDG in AF's inflight magazine near the last pages. It's very precise.

You can also have a look right here

[Edited 2009-06-12 06:22:36]

As you can see there is a free bus between terminals 2E/F and 2G. The connections takes about 20 minutes tops.

[Edited 2009-06-12 06:23:48]

RE: Transfer/Connection At CDG

Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Quoting IFLYMCO (Thread starter):
Will I need to clear immigration/customs/security?

Immigration: Yes
Customs: Yes, for your hand baggage only; not for checked luggage.
Security: Yes, as the bus is landside.

T2G is very easy to navigate.
90 minutes to make the connection is okay.
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !