dkdaviator

Transfer/connection At CVG

Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:23 pm

I have an upcoming International flight from Europe into CVG (on Delta), and a connecting flight about 1.5 hours after schedule arrival (also on Delta). Does anyone have experience with the time required at CVG to clear customs/immigration? Is 1.5 hours likely to be enough to make a connecting flight? Thanks for any info.
dkdaviator

UltimateDelta

RE: Transfer/connection At CVG

Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:07 pm

I haven't been to CVG in a while, but yes, I think 90 mins. is enough. There is a bus they will direct you to that takes you to Customs (and the baggage claim). Customs shouldn't take long (at least it never has when I was there), and you will drop off your luggage right behind that. From there you will go through to the main terminal through a dark tunnel, and then you can take a bus to your next terminal. Hope this helps!
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

deltairlines

RE: Transfer/connection At CVG

Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:02 am

1.5 hours at CVG is going to be enough time for you to grab food at the food court, sit down and eat it - all after clearing customs. 45 minutes is the absolute longest it should take you, and often you can be back in the concourse (if not checking bags) within 20 minutes of getting off the plane.