seansasLCY

Airport To Hotel Transfers In Dubai

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:53 pm

I'm travelling to DXB soon and want to arrange my airport transfers. I usually just book this through the hotel however Hilton said they don't offer a service.

Does anybody know any reliable, luxury transfer companies in Dubai?

BAViscount

RE: Airport To Hotel Transfers In Dubai

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:57 pm

I can't recommend any luxury transfer companies, but taxis in Dubai are dirt cheap. And yes, the taxi area at the airport may look like utter chaos at first sight, but it's pretty well managed and you won't have to wait long until you're in air conditioned comfort and on the way to your hotel!
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barb

signol

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:48 am

In 2 1/2 months the metro will be up and running, going from the airport. If your hotel is nearby, this could be an option - it is definitely air-conditioned!

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

CV580Freak

Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:30 am

All hotels in Dubai, even the small ones, have a transfer service either by minibus or car.

All the hotel desks are inside the arrivals terminals just after you pass through customs. They all operate 24/7 but if, for some strange reason, the Hilton doesn't operate this system then grab a taxi which are very cheap and plenty available (apart from 0400 which is the taxi shift change).
One day you are the pigeon, the next the statue ...

Pe@rson

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Quoting BAViscount (Reply 1):
taxis in Dubai are dirt cheap

Indeed. And they don't rip you off: they're properly metered.

I stayed in an absolutely fabulous hotel in Dubai: Four Seasons by Sheraton. There are two and it was the better one. Excellent rooms - and stupidly cheap prices. Big grin
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."