jfklucky777

SQ J Class Questions

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:29 am

Sorry if this was asked before but I was wondering if SQ offers car service to/from the airport when you buy a business class ticket. I'm booking EWR-SIN-EWR in a week or two and need to make my transport arrangements from Manhattan to EWR so I wondering if SQ offers this service like VS and EK do.

Also, has anyone taken this flight before? Is the 18 hours bearable? I've flown 13 hours before so 18 hours should be ok but I was still a bit worried.

Thanks in advance!

VMCA

RE: SQ J Class Questions

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:12 am

Quoting Jfklucky777 (Thread starter):
Sorry if this was asked before but I was wondering if SQ offers car service to/from the airport when you buy a business class ticket.

No. No limo service.

Quoting Jfklucky777 (Thread starter):
Also, has anyone taken this flight before? Is the 18 hours bearable?

Have positioned several times on that flight and it's not a bad trip.
If we weren't all crazy, we'd all go insane....

stargold

RE: SQ J Class Questions

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:14 am

Many prefer the 18-hour flight in one go over a fuel stop, because it allows them a continuous block of time to divide into their needs without the forced interruption of the stop.

If your flight makes a stop, you have to fit your schedule around the stop since you have to get ready for landing, get off the plane and re-board, wait for the take-off and so on. Practically speaking, it could for example mean that if you just managed to fall asleep a couple of hours before the stop, you have to wake up and still get off the plane etc. If you fell asleep at the same point on the nonstop, you could continue sleeping all the way till the destination.