LASoctoberB6
Topic Author

Unable To Change Leave Date On DL/NW

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:55 am

I recently book a trip to SYR via JFK through NW (but flew on DL) and have already completed the first two legs of the trip and chose 15AUG 09 to return to LAS. Now, I want to change my leave date from the 15th to a date in the last week of July, like 28JUL or 29JUL 09. Northwest has the option to change flights for a fee that I'm willing to pay, but every time I've tried, I keep getting this message, Customer Advisory: We are unable to price your requested itinerary, and gives me the NW Res. number. I think before I left Las Vegas, I was able to view changes to that part of the trip, but now I can't see anymore prices, yet I can see the options it has available. This is the fare code: QA10H3SJ. Thanks for any help/advice.
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

deltairlines

RE: Unable To Change Leave Date On DL/NW

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:58 am

Give NW res a call and they should be able to take care of it - often it requires an agent assist once travel has started.

iairallie

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:58 am

Why don't you call rez like it suggests?
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

cofannyc

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:41 am

Quoting LASoctoberB6 (Thread starter):
Northwest has the option to change flights for a fee that I'm willing to pay, but every time I've tried, I keep getting this message, Customer Advisory: We are unable to price your requested itinerary, and gives me the NW Res. number.

Is it possible the the NW website giving you that message because your fare is non-changeable after the departure of the first leg? Many times people understand "changeable for a fee" to mean changeable at any time whereas the fare rule may actually say that it's non-changeable after departure.

NorthstarBoy

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 am

Another possibility is that depending on how far in advance you booked the ticket, that specific fare may have expired. NW's online booking system probably tried to validate the rules, and when it couldn't find the specific fare you traveled on, it sent back an error message. Your only option is probably to call NW, I usually ask for the international desk to avoid talking to India.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

burnsie28

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Quoting NorthstarBoy (Reply 4):
Another possibility is that depending on how far in advance you booked the ticket, that specific fare may have expired. NW's online booking system probably tried to validate the rules, and when it couldn't find the specific fare you traveled on, it sent back an error message. Your only option is probably to call NW, I usually ask for the international desk to avoid talking to India.

Seeing how all of NW's call centers are in the US anyway it shouldn't be a problem. As they are in Minneapolis, Hibbing, Sioux Falls, Tampa, and Seattle. I believe there are call centers in Asia as well but only for call's coming from Asia, which I know one is in Tokyo.

[Edited 2009-06-30 06:25:58]