mozart

Flying With Loganair/ Flybe Around Scotland?

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:39 am

Some questions I have before planning my trip around Scotland including some flights with Loganair.

Loganair being a franchise of Flybe, I want to understand whether they - like the "parent company" Flybe - operate like an LCC. That is:

- what is CKI like? Long lines? I'd be using the airports in EDI, GLA, INV, and some on the Hebrides
- Is online check-in possible?
- is there a fee for transporting baggage?
- is it free seating, or assigned seats? Can they be pre-assigned at time of booking?
- what is service like in case of problems? Rynair-like "we don't care" or do they care?

Any other thoughts? I avoid LCCs like the plague, but going around Scotland Loganair seems to be the best and only choice. So I was wondering what to expect.

Thanks

HT

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:46 pm

I only have recent experience with "mainline" BE ...:

Quoting Mozart (Thread starter):
is there a fee for transporting baggage?

Yes, 11 € per sector.
Even if flights are sold as connection, one has to retrieve and recheck baggage (unless this has changed recently); remember: 11 € fee is per sector.

is it free seating, or assigned seats? Can they be pre-assigned at time of booking?

Seats get assigned at check-in.
Reserving seat upon booking is available for a fee.

what is service like in case of problems? Rynair-like "we don't care" or do they care?

I haven't encountered this situation personally, but
a) flying out of JER last September, delayed pax (several hours) were just sitting around in Departures.
b) flights out of HAJ to quite a noteable degree are delayed (between 15 minutes and a few hours).
Remember, this is for "mainline" BE.

Is online check-in possible?

On top of BE's website it says Avoid the queues - Check In Online.

-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

BAViscount

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:35 pm

You might want to have a word with Pe@rson...he posted a TR not so long ago about flying around Scotland with Flybe/Loganair.
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barb