JetBlueAUS
Topic Author

Does Delta Assign Seats At Check-in?

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:23 pm

I can't assign my seats online because it says that all the seats are taken. I guess I'm on standby? Or am I able to grab a seat at check-in?
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.

tharanga

RE: Does Delta Assign Seats At Check-in?

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:26 pm

You'd know it if you were standby. I'm guessing the flight is overbooked. How soon is it?

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:27 pm

If you have a confirmed seat on that flight it could be that it is under airport control and seats will be assigned at checkin. I know that sucks when you want a certain seat. Also might be a good chance that the flight is oversold and you could get a free tix or travel voucher out of it.

pianos101

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:40 pm

Quoting JetBlueAUS (Thread starter):
I can't assign my seats online because it says that all the seats are taken. I guess I'm on standby? Or am I able to grab a seat at check-in?

Are you sure all the seats are "taken" or might some be reserved for Medallion/Elite flyers? You can tell by searching for your flight on delta.com and clicking "view seats" on the search results page (not in your itinerary). On Detla.com, seats that are a light-blueish color (usually towards the front of the Y cabin) are reserved for Medallion members and may be assigned 24 hours before departure.

BMI727

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 pm

Quoting Pianos101 (Reply 3):
On Detla.com, seats that are a light-blueish color (usually towards the front of the Y cabin) are reserved for Medallion members and may be assigned 24 hours before departure.

This is the best route. When I checked in online last week almost exactly 24 hours ahead, I was able to snag exit rows for all 3 segments.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

JetBlueAUS
Topic Author

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 pm

Well, right now I am doing a summer session at the University I am attending. I am flying home next weekend, so yeah, I did kinda get my ticket last minute but for a pretty good deal. I'm not so worried about being stand-by on the way down, but I am nervous on the way back considering I do have an exam the next day. So - hopefully I am able to grab seats when I check-in. I've never flown Delta before, so I wasn't sure what they did with seats and stuff.
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.