klm

US Airways OSL-PHL Service?

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:59 am

Does anyone know how the service on Us Airways OSL-PHL is? I booked a flight osl-msp with tansfer in phl round trip for under 500$. Haven't been traveling with Us in a long time. Last time I flew Us it was ams-phl, and the service on board was worse then flying a military C130 to Afghanistan. Has Us done anything with the service on trans atlantic flight's?
Klm all the way!

PI4EVER

RE: US Airways OSL-PHL Service?

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:23 pm

There is a recent trip report posted on this new service. I'm not sure a comparison to a C-130 flight is fair to US, but it appears you got a great fare, and the service noted in the trip report certainly appears to be satisfactory.
Unless you pay for a seat up front, transatlantic Y is not a luxurious, and pampered service on anyone. You don't have to buy a wine/beer/cocktail if you choose not to, and food may rank up there with a Movenpick buffet, but US is a good value, with contrary to some comments, good and dedicated employees.
I hope you enjoy your trip and visit to the US. I was in Norway for my second trip in May, and absoulutely love your country. Stunning geography, great food, and very nice people.
Thomas
watch what you want. you may get it.

klm

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:02 pm

thanks a lot for the info, the price was unbelivable. Well, it was a bit to much to compare the flight with a C-130, but compared to other airlines that operate trans atlantic, it used to be pretty bad. But can't wait to get back to the states, and if US brings me there for >500$, then I don't mind spending a few dollars on wine..
Klm all the way!

PI4EVER

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Pal V:
I do hope you have a nice trip. Smile and be friendly with the flight crew. Treat yourself to a glass of wine ($49NOK) to wash down that delicious lunch, and pick a good seat....window or aisle to your choosing. Sit back, relax, read, enjoy a view of the movie, and anticipate your visit in Minnesota. And think of all the $$$ you saved that you can now spend on your vacation.
My friends in Oslo and Trondheim are Norwegian Army as well. During my visit I toured the War College at Akershus Fortress, and climbed the marble at the new Oslo Opera House. If I could afford to live there, I'd move and become a Norwegian tomorrow. Awesome country.
I wish you a good trip to the USA,
Thomas
watch what you want. you may get it.