balz18

AA / Oneworld Standby Questions

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Good afternoon all!

I am now finally an employee of American (American Eagle) out of CMH! On my way home I discovered I had a couple questions about my new flight priveleges so I figured I'd ask y'all! Because I'm an employee does flying standby allow me to fly on and other Oneworld partner? I would love to go to Sydney so that was my first question. My second is who will I be allowed to give my flight privleges too? I understand immediate family, so that would mean my mom, dad and sister. But will there be anyone else? Like grandparents or uncles, close friends that could pass as siblings? Any light you all could shed on all this for me would be fantastic! Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

Z18
First class or no class...

AAAL

RE: AA / Oneworld Standby Questions

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Congrats! CMH has both AA and MQ, which one are ya? I have TDY there.

You can fly on most ZED approved carriers. Check out the airline travel star for all the information. For one world carriers your priority codes changes to oneworld status which will go first before OA non revs. But you have to wait at least 6 months for this.

As for your list for now your allowed only you , your parents, one registered companion, and your kids if you have any. You will have to wait 2 years before you can add anyone.

I suggest you learn how to list and learn how to read a pall list. Trust me it will help big time.

crosswinds21

Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Quoting AAAL (Reply 1):
You can fly on most ZED approved carriers. Check out the airline travel star for all the information. For one world carriers your priority codes changes to oneworld status which will go first before OA non revs. But you have to wait at least 6 months for this.

Also keep in mind that for ZED travel on OAs, you need a paper ticket purchased ahead of time from an AA ticket counter. You have to set the reservation up through WEFLYAA and then go to the counter to pay for it and pick it up.

I always thought that was a really inefficient and bad system. But then I found out that there are at least one or two carriers in the US which mail ZED tickets out (i.e. you can't just decide at the last minute you're going somewhere and just pick the ticket up at the airport just lke that). That has to suck.

balz18

Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Thank you! I'm workin for MQ as a ramper. We do both MQ and AA which is nice cuz I love the Super 80. So what your saying is that I've got my AA flight privelges but if I want to travel on Oneworld I'll have to wait 6 months right? (Its fine with me cuz I'm not planning on going anywhere soon regardless). As for the list that's what I thought so cool! I used to know how to list on Delta (My father flew for them) so I hope its not to different!

AAAL

Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Don't worry there are different ways. But if you can do it yourself in SABRE your ahead of the game.

balz18

Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Awesome! Thanks for your help AAAL!