treeny

When Is The Famous "Golden Online Fare Time"

Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi All

When looking on the net for airfares and such you can always find some kind of link with a ebook written by ex airline employees who promise they can tell you airlines deepest and darkest secrets.

One of the things they maintain is that there is a "special Time" to book online when for whatever reason fares are their lowest....I was just wondering if this really existed and I guess there are some good people in the know here on anetters.....

Just something I find interesting to see if true....

Cheers

Mark

JER757

When Is The Famous "Golden Online Fare Time"

Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:11 pm

I doubt there's any specific time which occurs regularly within any airline. The best bet is to book as early as possible, as in general fares go up in relation to how many seats are sold on any particular service. Many people reckon leaving it to the last minute will save you money (ie turning up at the airport on the day), but I've never seen that work in practice; airlines know that, on the whole, last minute bookings are a necessity and most will pay higher fares to get where they need to go.

Of course airlines have sales where prices will go down; but these are difficult to predict and aren't made public before they happen for obvious reasons.

I had a mate who booked QF SYD-LHR only days before SQ launched their sale which would have cost him just over half as much - he wasn't happy!
Gale force fog... don't you love it?

blrsea

RE: When Is The Famous "Golden Online Fare Ti

Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:34 am

Are there any coupons to book flights on popular sites like expedia/orbitz etc? Any places where i can get one of those coupons?

Flanders

Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Quoting Treeny (Thread starter):
When looking on the net for airfares and such you can always find some kind of link with a ebook written by ex airline employees

Yep and I would never pay money for it because it probably has nothing new to tell me. However, if someone has such an e-book and is willing to share it, drop me a line. I'm curious nevertheless!  Smile

QANTAS747-438

Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:15 pm

WN fares online generally come out on Tuesdays and that is when they are their cheapest.
My posts/replies are strictly my opinion and not that of any company, organization, or Southwest Airlines.