EuroPL
Topic Author

Getting Star Alliance Miles Via CO

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Hey Guys,

As far as I know, CO has not joined the Star Alliance. (Oct 2009) I am in the process of booking a flight with CO, and I was wondering whether I can earn the miles accumulated with Aeroplan (the AC FF program) or do I have to earn it with Onepass? If that is the case, will I be able to transfer Onepass miles to Aeroplan milers in the future?

Thanks

-EuroPL

AustrianZRH

RE: Getting Star Alliance Miles Via CO

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:45 pm

I would leave the FF field empty for now and look at the time of the flight if they are already in Star or not. If they are, you most probably can use your Aeroplan number, otherwise you'd have to stick with their Onepass program. You can lateron redeem them on Star, but I don't think you can transfer miles between different FF programs.
WARNING! The post above should be taken with a grain of salt! Furthermore, it may be slightly biased towards A.

kiwiandrew

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:47 pm

first question - when are you travelling ?

at any time eligible CO flights will earn onePass miles

CO is in skyteam until 24/10 so up until then eligible flights will earn points in the various skyteam programmes

CO have said that there will be a few days of 'alliance limbo' after they leave skyteam before they become part of *A - the exact date of joining is not yet known but is expected to be not earlier than 27/10 and (hopefully ) not later than 03/11. Until CO are a member of *A you should not expect to earn Aeroplan miles , if your travels are during the 'limbo' period then you should only expect to earn on OnePass .

Quoting EuroPL (Thread starter):
If that is the case, will I be able to transfer Onepass miles to Aeroplan milers in the future?

you cannot normally shift miles between programmes .

EuroPL
Topic Author

Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 pm

Thanks for the responses. My flight will be during this alliance "limbo" (late August) so I guess I will just stick to the OnePass miles.

-EuroPL

meta

Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:31 am

Quoting Europl (Reply 3):
late August

Yea, thats way too early to try and get star miles...