divemaster08

Is It Worth Complaining About Bad Food?

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:19 am

Greetings

I recently flew AA from MIA to POS and was lucky enough to be upgraded to the buisness class (as i wasnt lucky on my way to MIA!).
As this was an evening flight, i was looking forward to the meal as normally, they aint bad!

So during dinner, i find that the choice i would of liked (chicken terryaki) has run out and all thats left is the Mushroom pasta.
Now i didnt mind that they ran out nothing like that and i thought the food was pretty good!

However, the next day i awoke with the worst case of a stomach cramps and well..... im sure you can guess what else was wrong with me when food is involved!
As a friend use to say "i looked like the river Ganges was coming out of me from both ends!"

Now i am 99.99% sure it was that meal, and I am more of wanting to say something to the airline as i feel that if they have bad food, then they will need to sort it out. However will this just get looked away as a "one off" meal?

Flight was on the 11th of August, and today (Friday the 14th) i am just begging to feel better!
My dream, is to fly, over the rainbow, so high!

Bongodog1964

RE: Is It Worth Complaining About Bad Food?

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:48 am

Can you prove it ? On the face of it mushroom pasta should be a fairly low risk meal. In addition the nature of the meal is such that it is made in bulk and divided into portions. Thus if the meal was to blame, others should have been ill as well.
All you can do is present the facts to AA, and hope that others have complained, if they haven't you probably have little grounds to pursue the matter.

malaysia

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:13 am

There has to be 2 sick people off this plane from that, otherwise if its just you, then it is something else Big grin
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

iairallie

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:19 am

I would notify them as a public health service so they can track it if it really was the food and multiple people were affected. Something along the lines of I suspect I might have food poisoning based on my symptoms and I wanted to make you aware in case it was the food on the flight and others might be impacted.
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

ikramerica

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:34 am

I thought you were going to ask about complaining because you didn't like the meal, but if it actually made you ill, you might consider it.

Though, bad food doesn't take that long to impact you. 8 hours later, it's normally passed through you stomach, so unless you got something like botulism that can last for days, it may not have been the food that night, but something else.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

brianhames

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:50 am

Reminds me of an experience I had on OS in June 2004. I was flying JFK-VIE and had a choice of vegetarian pasta or chicken. I went with chicken. About a half hour later the stomach cramps started and shortly thereafter I had to make a dash to the lav - there was no line. I stepped out a few minutes later and there was a line of about 8 people waiting for the lav. Many of them were scowling at me so I figured they must have had the chicken as well.

I had pasta on the return flight with no issues. That was the only airplane food which has made me sick in the hundreds of airline meals I've had. It just happens sometimes.

Brian

wilco737

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:28 am

Quoting Divemaster08 (Thread starter):
However will this just get looked away as a "one off" meal?

I guess so, unless a whole bunch of people complain that something was wrong.

Maybe you get a meal voucher for your next flight  Smile

wilco737

CO777DAL

Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:36 am

Did you drink any water straight out the tap when you got to POS? Cause if u did, it can def be the water.
Worked Hard. Flew Right. Farewell, Continental. Thanks for the memories.