YYZRWY23
Topic Author

Frequent Flyer Program

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:25 am

Hello a.net,

I would like all of your help in selecting a FF program to participate in. I do not travel tons, but I do travel at least once or twice a year and would like to start racking up miles now and save them up. I am based at YYZ, so my most frequent carriers will be Star Alliance I suppose, usually AC. Does anyone know how the Aeroplan (AC FF program?) works and if it is a good one.

On that note, is it possible to join another Star Alliance carrier's FF program and still earn miles with AC? I will be travelling on AC Friday and thought maybe I could start off by getting points that way as expedia gives the option of adding a FF number.

Many thanks for your help,

Jason
If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

rsrik

RE: Frequent Flyer Program

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:41 am

Hey Jason
I hope you have fun during your upcoming trip.
If you expect to fly AC a lot, I would suggest enroling in their program. In the event that you travel enough within a year, and have the possibility of a domestic upgrade, you will stand a better chance if you are an AC FF rather than STAR FF.
Sri

DesertAir

Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:26 pm

You might want to look at Webflyer.com and view the forum on Frequent Flyer Programs. This might give you a good idea of what others are thinking. It sounds like AC would be the appropriate choice for you. I participate in three programs:
WN for domestic which is mostly SAN-SMF; AA for my summer trip internationally and CO since I have had these miles for years and they don´t expire. I sent my mom flowers and credit the purchase to that account.

YYZRWY23
Topic Author

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Quoting Rsrik (Reply 1):
I hope you have fun during your upcoming trip.

Thanks! Expect a TR late next week when I return.

Quoting Rsrik (Reply 1):
If you expect to fly AC a lot

I don't fly them every time, even though I am at YYZ, but I want to start collecting early, so several years from now I will have enough miles for a vacation when I am a financially burdened university student.  Silly

Quoting DesertAir (Reply 2):
You might want to look at Webflyer.com

It has been an excellent help, thank you!!

Jason
If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.