FlyBlue777
Topic Author

Booking Iberia On AA: Seating?

Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:04 pm

I'm thinking about booking a trip to Spain on AA; via Iberia.

Flights:
DTW-ORD: AA
ORD-MAD: IB
MAD-GRX (Granada): IB

Question:
1. Can I select advanced seats on the IB flight ORD-MAD on the AA website?
2. Can I select advanced seats on the IB flight MAD-GRX? Last year I went MAD- SVQ (Seville) on IB, and I could not do advanced seated (I think it was because it was a domestic flight?)

I'm a window seat fanatic, and I would hate not having this selected in advance.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ed.

Braniff747SP

RE: Booking Iberia On AA: Seating?

Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:26 am

Try booking through IB's site instead of AA's, that way you will have a window for sure on the logest leg.. I'm not sure, though, about booking thru AA.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

Super80DFW

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:59 am

If you book the IB flight on AA.com, you will not be able to select your seat ahead of time. And also, I'm not sure if IB does advanced seat selections on any of their flights, whether it be domestic or international.
"Things change, friends leave, life doesn't stop for anybody." -- EAT'EM UP EAT'EM UP KSU!!

IBERIA747

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:20 am

Quoting Super80DFW (Reply 2):
I'm not sure if IB does advanced seat selections on any of their flights, whether it be domestic or international.

As far as I know (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), Iberia lets you select your seat in advance only if you're a member of their FF program (Iberia Plus).

I fly IB quote often and have always chosen my seat upon booking my flights without any problems whether it has been a short haul or a long haul flight.

I suggest you select your seat by phone. If you're IB Plus member and your number is already included in the booking then the agent will let you select your seat right away. Otherwise he/she will ask you for the number.

I have never used another airline's FF card when booking a flight on Iberia so I don't know if you can also select your seat if you're member of another Oneworld airline's FF program.

Hope this helps.
¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!

sflaflight

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:13 am

Like IBERIA747 said, you can't reserve a seat on Iberia.com unless you are a member of their FF program. But just call them (after hours - overnight US). You will get Madrid instead of US and sweet talk them, they should do it. Madrid loved to talk to Americans in English.

vhtje

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Oneworld Sapphire and above gives you reserved seating. If you have OW Sapphire status if you punch your booking reference into the IB website and choose manage my booking, it ought to offer you the facility to select your seat.

I've book tickets on QF and AY websites for a BA-operated flights, then gone to the BA website, punched in the same booking reference and BA let me reserve my seat.

If in doubt, call IB. As I said, OW Sapphire and above offers you prebooked seating so it shouldn't be a problem.