seansasLCY
Topic Author

Getting To Newquay Airport - Help Needed!

Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:31 pm

What is the easiest way to get to Newquay Airport from Falmouth/Truro? I want to fly back to London rather than have to endure 5hrs+ on a train or car. Any help would be much appriciated!

davehammer

RE: Getting To Newquay Airport - Help Needed!

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:06 pm

I'd imagine cab to be honest. There's one bus from Newquay town centre that goes past the airport IIRC.

seansasLCY
Topic Author

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Being a student I was trying to do it a cheap as possible. I wouldn't imagine a cab from Falmouth would be very cheap! Why can't the UK have a joined up transport infrastructure!!

davehammer

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Quoting SeansasLCY (Reply 2):
Being a student I was trying to do it a cheap as possible. I wouldn't imagine a cab from Falmouth would be very cheap! Why can't the UK have a joined up transport infrastructure!!

I reckon you could do it by bus though - depending on how much time you have spare. Falmouth/Truro to Newquay is a service I've used before and then a connection on to the airport. Would probably take ages but doable!

twa@fra

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi
have a look at http://www.westerngreyhound.com I used them as well for several tours, even bus might not run direct it's easy to connect...
or have a look at http://www.transportdirect.info/

hope that help's

cheers
twa@fra

PlymSpotter

Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:04 pm

Your best bet is to look at Traveline, but if possible work in a bit more time for connections than the sometimes tight ones they give you. That will provide you with details of all services; train, bus and coach from your address in Falmouth/Truro to the Airport door.

http://www.traveline.org.uk/

Taxi all the way would be £40, at least I should think, but by bus you should be able to do it for under a tenner, depending on how many different companies you have to use. If possible take Western Greyhound and not the Summercote Travel busses, as it takes a bit longer but is much cheaper. Luggage can be an issue, but the buses are rarely full, especially during the winter season. I'd image Truro-Newquay-NQY could be done in well under two hours, even with a wait at the station in Newquay.

Dan  Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...