ogre727

Minimum Connecting Time FRA!

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:19 am

Guys,

Just a quick question... I am flying next week (holidays finally) from ZRH to CCS via FRA. Now, we have a connecting time of 1H5M and I'll admit I am a little worried. I understand the connecting time is 45 minutes, but we cannot afford to miss our connection or to have our bags not arrive into CCS. The reason, we connect the following day with LAN into SCL (we are staying overnight in CCS).

What are your experiences? is this time enough? will we make it? should we take only carry ons?
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea

SQ325

RE: Minimum Connecting Time FRA!

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:30 am

In 99% it is enough!
But Autumn is coming and so is the fog and the stormy weather.
I wouldn' t worry to much.

falstaff

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:08 pm

I have connected at FRA two times; once coming from DTW and once from ORD. Both times I picked up my bags and went through customs then checked in and boarded an LH flight to LEJ (I was flying award travel both times and could only get as far as FRA). Both times I had around two hours to get all that done and I was able to do it in an hour. A regular connection should be no problem at all.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

HT

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:49 am

Quoting Ogre727 (Thread starter):
flying next week (holidays finally) from ZRH to CCS via FRA.

You stay in T1 for this, so 65 minutes is no problem even when factoring in that you likely will has a bustransfer from your aircraft to the terminal building, dropping you off either in T1A or T1B (no choice).
Today, LH 534 departs from B-gates.
To connect between A- and B-gates use the tunnel, do not go landside.

Quoting SQ325 (Reply 1):
But Autumn is coming and so is the fog and the stormy weather.

If there is bad weather in FRA, all arriving and eparting flights will be affected.
But if there is bad weather in ZRH only, the story might be abit different ...

Quoting Ogre727 (Thread starter):
should we take only carry ons?

No. No need to restrict yourself to carry-on.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !