330lover
Topic Author

Long Transit In GIG Or GRU

Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:08 pm

Dear 'colleagues',

we are looking for tickets to Argentine, and the best deals are with JJ via GIG or GRU.

Cheapest tickets are with transit in GIG is 6.35hrs, transit in GRU is 7.20hrs. What would you choose? We can leave luggage, as it will be through-checked. We're planning to go to town for a couple of hours, what's the best option? Rio or Sao Paolo? Where can we spend the transit time best?

Thanks for your opinions
Britten Norman Islander VP-FBR on Falkland Islands. THAT'S FLYING!

steve6666

RE: Long Transit In GIG Or GRU

Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:15 pm

Depends what you want to do. 6 and a half hours is more than enough time to jump in a cab and get to Copacabana or Ipanema for a while and even up Corcovado (for the statue of Christ the Redeemer) or Pao de Acucar. If you've not been to Rio or Brazil before, that's going to be a whole lot more spectacular than going into SP - which could easily take 90 minutes if you are travelling in the rush hour.

On the other hand, if you just want something to eat and a rest, the facilities at and near GRU are much better than GIG.
eu nasci ha dez mil anos atras, e nao tem nada nesse mundo que eu nao saiba demais

hardiwv

RE: Long Transit In GIG Or GRU

Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:01 am

As mentioned above, I would spend my transit time in GIG as you can get into a cab and enjoy the city. You may tour Copacabana, Ipanema and visit Christ and perhaps even the Sugar Loaf. If you want to spend your time at the airport I would transit in GRU as there are more options.

Rgs,