pitintl

QF ZED Fare Question

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:12 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm looking at using a ZED fare ticket with QF from CNS to DRW, but noticed that there is a one-stopper via GOV. My question is would my QF ZED ticket be valid on Qantas Link flights as well? The service through GOV is operated by Qantas Link - National Jet Systems. I looked at my pass policy and it said it covered all QF Mainline Flights as well as Jetstar, Jet Connect, Eastern Australia Airlines, Sunstate, Airlink and Australian Airlines. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
北海道国際航空株式会社 - Fly Air Do / Hokkaido International Airlines

vhqpa

RE: QF ZED Fare Question

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:18 am

Actually both flights CNS-DRW nonstop and CNS-GOV-DRW are both operated by Qlink/NJS and 717 equipment too! JQ also fly the sector as an international leg on the CNS-DRW-SIN route but it is fully bookable between CNS and DRW

Vhq.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

QF175

Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm

Quoting Pitintl (Thread starter):
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm looking at using a ZED fare ticket with QF from CNS to DRW, but noticed that there is a one-stopper via GOV. My question is would my QF ZED ticket be valid on Qantas Link flights as well? The service through GOV is operated by Qantas Link - National Jet Systems. I looked at my pass policy and it said it covered all QF Mainline Flights as well as Jetstar, Jet Connect, Eastern Australia Airlines, Sunstate, Airlink and Australian Airlines. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Pitintl,

QantasLink is defined by the following 3 Airlines:

* Eastern Australia Airlines - Dash 8 services from SYD/MEL to regional ports in Victoria and New South Wales in addition to services to Lord Howe Island, Aus Cap Terr and Tasmania
* Sunstate - Dash 8 services throughout Queensland and to Lord Howe Island and NTL
* National Jet Systems (Cobham)/Airlink - operates 717 services throughout Western Australia, Northern Territory, Queensland and South Australia

Airlink is National Jet Systems (Cobham) and falls under the banner of QantasLink therefore I would think it would be fine to book.

It's a shame that you're not flying DRW/GOV/CNS (operates during the morning). The flight into Gove (Nhulunbuy) is breathtaking and memorable. Unfortunately you won't see much coming into the area as it will likely be dark.

Cheers

[Edited 2009-11-14 04:04:58]

[Edited 2009-11-14 04:05:52]

pitintl

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:42 am

Perfect! I'm going to go ahead and ticket the ZED for the trip!

Quoting QF175 (Reply 2):

It's a shame that you're not flying DRW/GOV/CNS (operates during the morning). The flight into Gove (Nhulunbuy) is breathtaking and memorable. Unfortunately you won't see much coming into the area as it will likely be dark.

I was looking at that and actually might do the trip back to CNS this way. I heard that it was extremely beautiful and the bauxite deposits in the area give the soil an amazing distinctive color. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again for all your help!
北海道国際航空株式会社 - Fly Air Do / Hokkaido International Airlines