Eightball
Topic Author

Rows Without Windows In Y Class On EK 77W

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi Guys,

This winter I'll be flying on EK between SFO and JED. The flights between SFO and DXB will be on the 3-class 77W's, while the flights between JED and DXB will be on the 2-class 77W's.

After looking at some photos of EK 77W's on this site, it seems to be that some rows don't have windows. All of the flights will be in Y class, and I would like to reserve window seats on all of the flights.

I would like to know if any of you guys have any information regarding which rows in Y class on EK's 77W's don't have windows, if any rows actually don't have windows; I checked Seatguru.com and it doesn't seem to have complete information regarding the window seats.

[Edited 2009-12-05 14:18:48]
Follow your dream.

PI4EVER

RE: Rows Without Windows In Y Class On EK 77W

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:32 am

You can also refer to "seatexpert.com" who list the various EK 777 layouts; however, none appear to have dynamic comments specific to seat rows such as limited recline/no window/bassinet location etc. Color highlights are without comment at this point and although this website normally notes a missing window with a red mark at the row, none appear on any of these EK layouts.
Hopefully someone who has flown the A/C can speak from their experience or observation of any no window rows. No doubt an important consideration for such a long flight. You only have to experience a surprise "no window" assignment on a trip to become picky about future flights. Sorry I could not provide more specific info for you.
Good Luck with your trip.
Thomas
watch what you want. you may get it.

Eightball
Topic Author

RE: Rows Without Windows In Y Class On EK 77W

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:16 pm

Thanks for recommending seatexpert.com, Thomas. I might reserve a window seat in the rear area of the Y cabin, since I could have a clear view of the scenery outside because of the fact that the wing isn't blocking the view.

[Edited 2009-12-07 12:18:13]
Follow your dream.