For a couple of years now I've been thinking about doing the all-you-can-fly "Explore Norway" ticket on Wideroe, and I've decided to go for it next summer.
My plan is to do the full 2 weeks, do as many flights as possible, explore the towns by foot or bus, and take along a tent for the nights.
The price sounds very reasonable at 4000 NOK ($ 690 / EUR 480).
Now I have a whole bunch of questions, many of which are not really answered on their web site. Or maybe some facts are lost in the translation from Norwegian. I'd be very interested in hearing other traveler's opinions who have done this in the past. There must be several here on A.net who have done it, I believe it is currently (after the JetBlue thing) the only offer that lets you fly at a flat rate.
Now here are my questions:
1) They say "You can fly as much as you want, but the same distance can only be flown twice except for online transfer". Does that mean twice in each direction, or once in each direction? Online transfer, does that mean I can fly A-B-C witout getting out of the airplane at B, and it only counts as A-C, meaning I can still do A-B and later B-C, twice each?
2) How about luggage? Of course it would be best to carry hand luggage only, but carrying around a tent, would that be too much for the cabin? Is checked luggage included?
3) They say "The first flight cannot be changed. For all the other flights of your trip, you can cancel and make new reservations untill the day before the actual flight departure."
Does that mean I could only book the first flight, and nothing else, and then book each day's travel one day in advance, so I can decide where I want to go then instead of now? Would the only disadvantage be that the flight might be full?
4) When I have a reservation, is it as good as a paid ticket or is it more like standby, so I will not fly if the flight is full?
5) Has anybody ever worked out a super tight itinerary with as many flights as possible in 14 days? I mean it sounds tempting now, but after a couple of days I would probably prefer to spend less time flying and more time exploring the country
6) Is it safe to fly so many times on Dash 8's in Scandinavia, or am I pushing my luck here?
Any input highly appreciated!