whisperjet
Crew

CO Lounge Access On A Domestic Flight With BMI Gol

Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi,

I will fly from New York LGA to Houston IAH next week and I was wondering if I can use the lounge in La Guardia. I'm currently holding a BMI Gold status. The Star Allaince websites says the following:

Quote:
Continental, United, and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the Presidents Club, Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.

So is it correct that Gold members of UA, US and CO are only permitted to use the lounges on international flights while customers of other programs can use the lounges on all their travels?

Thanks!

Stefan
Nobody is perfect - not even a perfect fool.

deltairlines

RE: CO Lounge Access On A Domestic Flight With BMI

Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Yes - if you are Star Gold with anyone but UA/US/CO, you get access to any *Gold lounge if you have a same-day Star Alliance BP, so you can use the PC at LGA (and if you wanted to lounge hop, the Red Carpet Club at LGA is presecurity and also an option), as well as the PC in IAH.

LAXintl

Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Basically is your CO trip as part of a Star international itinerary that day, or have you been in NY for a few days already? Visits are allowed for same-day Star travel only.

As the CO site states:

Quote:

You must also present a Star Alliance member airline boarding pass for an international or domestic same-day departure depending upon the situation.

From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

deltairlines

Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 2):
Basically is your CO trip as part of a Star international itinerary that day, or have you been in NY for a few days already? Visits are allowed for same-day Star travel only.

International doesn't apply if it's a BD Gold card - all you need is the same day Star Alliance boarding pass.

A UA Global Services/1K/1P, US Chairman's/Plat/Gold or CO Chairman's Circle/Plat/Gold card requires a same-day international *A BP.