TWA757
Topic Author

PHL-STL (US) Delay Question

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Hello all,

My gf is scheduled on US (Republic) 3422 tonight from PHL-STL. Right now, USAirways.com shows a departure delay of almost 3 hours on the first leg (RIC-PHL) and about 2.5 hours on the PHL-STL leg, due to "prior aircraft maintenance delay." Can anyone shed any light on if this delay is likely to stay in place as the flight time gets closer, and on the possibility of an aircraft substitution that might lessen the delay?

Thanks so much for any help anyone might be able to give.

HotelDJRomeo

RE: PHL-STL (US) Delay Question

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Without having any insider information on this one, I would hazard a guess that the delay unfortunately won't go away.

US/Republic's dispatchers would likely know where/when aircraft will be available ahead of time, so I wouldn't expect them to 'magically' (and I'm not trying to sound rude, but I can't think of a better word) find another a/c to swap in.

It's also possible that this delay is the result of an a/c substitution somewhere up the line because of prior mx issues - and the 2 or 3 hour delay was the fastest they'll have another a/c available.
Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

apodino

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:33 pm

what this most likely is is the plane going into RIC was delayed for MX and there was a crew change in RIC, with the crew getting on the plane in RIC also doing the STL as well. Or maybe not even a crew change, but the same crew doing all the flights. If the crew is late out of RIC, you can't do anything about a STL delay unless you use a reserve crew, and that is not a situation where you would see a reserve crew used.

TWA757
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks for the help! USAirways.com now shows the first leg (RIC-PHL) as canceled and PHL-STL as back on time, so I'm guessing they found an extra plane somewhere that'll be able to do the second leg.

thegman

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:16 am

Quoting TWA757 (Reply 3):
Thanks for the help! USAirways.com now shows the first leg (RIC-PHL) as canceled and PHL-STL as back on time, so I'm guessing they found an extra plane somewhere that'll be able to do the second leg.

I was just going to say that I just came from RIC and RIC-PHL was indeed cancelled.