mastermis

Zero Carry On Canada - USA. Anyone Flown Recently?

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:31 pm

I will be flying YYZ-USA soon and wonder how strict this is?
I see on CATSA's site that they say "zero carry on" but that there are exceptions.

http://www.catsa.gc.ca/Page.aspx?ID=77&pname=measures_mesures&lang=en

So can I have my laptop bag with say my digital camera & noise-canceling headphones or are they going to make me check in everything but my laptop? How are they applying this new rule?

Thanks for any info.

M.

andygarrett

RE: Zero Carry On Canada - USA. Anyone Flown Recen

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Last I read or heard down here I think most of those restrictions are dropped or will be soon.

Once the "authorities" get a grip on the situation (NWA from AMS to DTW) and figure out exactly what occurred and what countermeasures will actually work the silliness subsides pretty quick.

You can pretty much count on any Canadian government website not being kept up to current daily security screening controls at YYZ. Any changes there would most likely be coordinated with the USA.

Good luck with your trip and welcome to the USA; enjoy your visit.

legacyins

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:36 am

I just flew YVR-SFO last Thursday. No laptop bags/large bags and the usual no liquids. You must hand carry your laptop unless you have a sleeve to carry it in. As far as security check, everyone went trough a pat down. Flight was delayed one hour because of passengers delayed going through security.

Not fun to fly anymore.

mastermis

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:55 am

:-(
well that's going to be fun with my two laptops! Hope the rest of my gear (digital camera, etc) does not get stolen.

M.

PITingres

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:18 am

My suggestion would be to hire a car and drive into the US, then fly from BUF or some other US airport.

Embarrassing for me to suggest such a thing but there we are. A clear case of thinking without the brain being involved, if you ask me.
Fly, you fools! Fly!

mastermis

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Quoting PITingres (Reply 4):
My suggestion would be to hire a car and drive into the US, then fly from BUF or some other US airport

Would be the best, but no-can do! Flight already booked and I am only connecting in USA on the way back to Cayman.

Fun times ahead!

M.