Longhornmaniac
Topic Author

Need A Quick Answer Re: Terminal Change At SFO

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:29 am

Do you have to clear security again to go from one terminal to another (e.g. terminal C to terminal A; AA to CX connection)?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

Herc4ever

RE: Need A Quick Answer Re: Terminal Change At SFO

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:32 am

Can't say from personal experience, but judging from the terminal map at flysfo.com, the answer would be yes, you would have to re-clear security.
GTF PDX EUG DEN SLC SFO SEA SAT DFW ORD MSP ATL PHL JFK CLT BWI ADD CGN FRA HHN PMI GSE RMS FRF AVB IUD KIK KWI BGW HBE

malaysia

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:35 am

Yes you do if AA to CX, cause CX does not use the G side of the international gates. That would be terminal 3 to A gates (international) yes you need to exit security.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

Yflyer

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:58 pm

I'm going to use this thread for my question since it's similar -- I'm going to be connecting from a United Express domestic flight to a Lufthansa flight. Do the LH flights leave from United's terminal at SFO, or will I have to change terminals (and if I do will I have to re-clear security)?

Specifically I'll be connecting from UA6035 SMF-SFO to LH455 SFO-FRA. I know the United Express flight will park at the commuter terminal and I'll have to take the bus to the main terminal, but I don't know if I'll be in the correct terminal at that point.

bartond

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Quoting Yflyer (Reply 3):
'm going to use this thread for my question since it's similar -- I'm going to be connecting from a United Express domestic flight to a Lufthansa flight. Do the LH flights leave from United's terminal at SFO, or will I have to change terminals (and if I do will I have to re-clear security)?

I'm pretty sure you do have to re-clear security when going from a UA flight to an LH flight. You will arrive in Terminal 3 on United and then have to walk over to Terminal G for your LH flight, and there is a security checkpoint in between these two terminals. It's not that far of a walk and there are some good food options in Terminal 3, too, by the way.

http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/as_airportmaps.htm

kgaiflyer

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:28 am

Okay -- this is hard to explain.

You can walk between Air Canada gates (I know you didn't ask about AC).

One AC gate (Gate 61 on the link below) is intermingled among AA gates and the other AC gate (Gate 68) is mingled among UA gates. So concourse E (AA and AC) and concourse F (UA and AC) are part of the same sterile area.

Also, there is a *new* walkway between gate 75 (F concourse) and gate 90 (G concourse) so you do not leave the sterile area.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,1121,00.html

deltairlines

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:26 am

Quoting Bartond (Reply 4):
I'm pretty sure you do have to re-clear security when going from a UA flight to an LH flight. You will arrive in Terminal 3 on United and then have to walk over to Terminal G for your LH flight, and there is a security checkpoint in between these two terminals. It's not that far of a walk and there are some good food options in Terminal 3, too, by the way.

Not anymore - as noted, Terminal 3 and the G concourse of the international terminal (which the Star airlines use) is now connected - it's about a 5 minute walk from the Centerpoint of the UA domestic concourse (where the Domestic Red Carpet Club is) to the International Terminal Red Carpet Club. Where the mid 70s gates are, keep walking as if you're going to leave security and just stay to the right instead of going down the escalator.

As of right now, there are 4 distinct post-security places at SFO - International Concourse A, the US/CO/AS pier in T1, the Delta pier in T1, and T3/International G.

[Edited 2010-01-26 21:28:07]

legacyins

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:42 am

Quoting Yflyer (Reply 3):
I'm going to use this thread for my question since it's similar -- I'm going to be connecting from a United Express domestic flight to a Lufthansa flight. Do the LH flights leave from United's terminal at SFO, or will I have to change terminals (and if I do will I have to re-clear security)?

LH leaves from the G-International Terminal. UA operates out of Terminal 3. There is a connecting walk way between Terminal 3 and the G-International Terminal. You do not need to clear Security between Terminal 3 and the G-International Terminal. Follow the signs for the G-International Terminal once you arrive into Terminal 3. Do not go outside of the Security checks. Once you do that, you will need to go through the Security check again. UA should tag your bag all the way through to LH. If they do, you will not need to collect you luggage upon landing at SFO. Also, if you do not need to collect your luggage, you do not need to go down to the baggage area. If you go down to the baggage area, you will need to be screened through security again.

Unfortunately, the original poster will need to leave the secure area and go through Security again at the International Terminal. In approximately five years, there will be a connector between a refurbished Terminal 1, where AA is rumored to be going , and the A-International Terminal to connect with CX and other One World carriers.