FlagshipAZ
Topic Author

Which Airlines Serving Springfield, Illinois?

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Hello folks...
Later in the year at autumn time, I have to fly back into Springfield Illinois for a few days. Can anyone here be kind enough to let me know which carriers currently serving Springfield? My origin airport will be either LAS, LAX, LGB or perhaps IFP. I don't mind making a connection or 2, and since I enjoy flying and visiting airports, layover time has no importence with me.
Thanks in advance. Regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

Acey559

RE: Which Airlines Serving Springfield, Illinois?

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:56 pm

UA and AA (Express and Eagle, that is) both fly there from ORD. That's your only option, unfortunately, although it should be relatively easy to get there from LAS or LAX.

planespotting

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Springfield is also an hour and 15/30 mins away from Bloomington/Normal (BMI), Peoria (PIA) and Champaign (CMI), all of which have many more options. So if you're interested in renting a car (or know someone who doesn't mind picking you up), it's a good idea to check those airports out as well.

Allegiant does a non stop to Peoria from LAS, Bloomington has service from Air Tran, and all three airports have some combination of the usual midwest contingent of Minnapolis/Detroit/Chicago/Dallas/Atlanta/Denver.

St. Louis is also only two hours away, and the Quad Cities are two and a half hours.

The point is - there are a bunch of options. If Springfield is too expensive, odds are you'll find something that'll work.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

BMI727

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:13 pm

I'd say that either flying into STL or LAS-PIA would be your best bet if you can get transportation.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

Acey559

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:22 am

I did a search for some random dates in September and the cheapest I found from LAX was about $450, so an LCC into PIA or BMI might be the better option if money is a deciding factor.