Pe@rson
Topic Author

Thoughts On Skyscanner.net

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:51 pm

I have used www.SkyScanner.net quite a lot in the past and found it to be excellent and very useful, particularly with its function that enables you to choose X to Y – which could be a city or a country – for an entire month or year. What are your thoughts on it?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Vasu

RE: Thoughts On Skyscanner.net

Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:45 pm

I've just started using it for random searches... and I like it! Seems to have more functionality than Kayak, for example I love the ability to select dates and search for cheap flights to anywhere!

Pe@rson
Topic Author

RE: Thoughts On Skyscanner.net

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:12 pm

What I particularly like is how I can, for example, search for UK to, say, Italy, or Sharjah to India, or Kuala Lumpur to everywhere, or USA to Canada, or whatever, for an entire month or year, thereby finding the cheapest fare (at the time of searching).

Recently, I found LGW-Cape Verde (SAL or BVC)-LGW for around £120 return including taxes! Obviously exceedingly cheap.

Yesterday, I used it to search for UK to Jersey for the year and ended up finding fantastically low prices from airports within relative proximity to where I live.

And just now, I found BHX-PUJ-BHX (PUJ = Punta Cana, Dominican Republic) for £158 including taxes. For photos: http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...rce=hp&q=punta+cana&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=

Far quicker and easier than doing it any other way - and very exciting!

[Edited 2010-01-31 08:20:08]
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."