YXDFan
Topic Author

Amenities On Air Canada's Non-XM'd 763s

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:26 am

Hey all!

My wife and I are heading off on our honeymoon in less than 2 weeks and we're pretty excited. Our first time in Jamaica and a welcome escape from the cold Edmonton winter are hard not to look forward. As an added bonus for me, the jethead, is an elusive trip on a widebody... something we don't get much of here at YEG.

Mrs. Boss and I are flying on AC's non-stop from YEG to MBJ on one of the non-XM'd 767-300s. I know from previous threads on this forum that these birds don't have the PTVs or the new lay-flat seats (no big deal since we'll be in the back), but I have read that the seats have been given some kind of upgrade. My question is whether or not these planes have at-seat power outlets? Since we'll be relegated to old school overhead video, we'll be bringing a laptop to watch a few movies. As great as the Mac is, though, its battery won't last for a 6.5 to 7 hour flight. If there's no option to power up onboard, we'll have to bring two laptops to make it all the way to MBJ (and subsequently home a week later).

Can any AC folks or a-netters who've been on these planes share any info?

Thanks!

j0rdan

RE: Amenities On Air Canada's Non-XM'd 763s

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:47 am

Hi there,

Found some info on AC's website aswell as another fourm.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/b767-300erxm.html?src=o

Where Do The Non XM Air Canada 767-300ER Fly? (by AC853 Dec 3 2009 in Civil Aviation)

Enjoy your trip!

- j0rdan

P.S - I know what the Edmonton winter is like!

[Edited 2010-02-06 19:53:12]

YXDFan
Topic Author

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:17 am

Wow... can't believe I missed that right on AC's website... how embarassing.

Thanks for pointing it out!

airman99o

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:57 am

when you check in. Do say you are on your honeymoon. that should help out in the upgrade department. Enjoy the trip. hope Jamaica is a memorable trip for you both. Congrats!!!!!
Safety is Everyones Responsibility.

RJLover

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:17 am

Quoting airman99o (Reply 3):
when you check in. Do say you are on your honeymoon. that should help out in the upgrade department. Enjoy the trip. hope Jamaica is a memorable trip for you both. Congrats!!!!!

I will say, as an Air Canada CSA, don't get your hopes up to high. Yes, there is a chance you'd get an upgrade (if flight is oversold, etc), but not very likely.
Last Flight(s): YHZ-YHM-YUL-YHZ Next Flight(s):

raffik

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Hope you get an upgrade. I flew Toronto - London on one of them and it was the worst flight I've ever had..
The service was very good but the seats were ripped and worn, the overhead baggage compartment was held
in place by tape and the movie was projected onto a massive screen on a bulk head. The aircraft seemed very
dated and in poor condition (worn carpets, seats, discoloured panels )

Overnight flight too and got to London feeling tired, irritable and worn out!

The flight on the outbound was good- A330-300 .
- Alec