Yflyer
Topic Author

Question On Misconnecting And Miles

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Yesterday I was supposed to fly BLR-FRA-LAX-SMF on LH755, LH456, and UA6491. However LH755 was delayed and I missed my connection in FRA. Lufthansa rebooked me on UA917 and UA291 FRA-IAD-SMF. Am I supposed to receive Mileage Plus credit for my original routing, or the route I actually flew? I noticed UA has already credited me for the BLR-FRA leg, but none of the flights beyond that. I also noticed that my Mileage Plus number doesn't appear on my boarding passes for UA917 and UA291. Will I need to submit a request to receive miles for those flights (assuming those are the ones I'm supposed to receive miles for)?

BNE

RE: Question On Misconnecting And Miles

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Quoting Yflyer (Thread starter):
I also noticed that my Mileage Plus number doesn't appear on my boarding passes for UA917 and UA291. Will I need to submit a request to receive miles for those flights (assuming those are the ones I'm supposed to receive miles for)?

Yes; you will need to submit a request for the miles you flew.

Flyertalk United Mileage Plus Forum FAQ, Wiki, and Glossary

Quote:

Tip #7: Need to fax something into MP to get credit for it? This fax number does the trick every time: 605-343-0215 (Verified as of 9/19/2008). Also note that name changes can be done this way as well - as opposed to mailing in them via snail mail, these take just 72 hours.
Why fly non stop when you can connect