docpepz

Continental LAX-IAH 757-300 Business Class?

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi all

I managed to get a redemption booking via Star Alliance for the following flight:

CO294 Depart LAX 08:00 Arrive IAH 13:11, in Business Class.

I've tried to do some research on this, and there doesn't seem to be a Business Class for the above flight for commercial bookings. However, there are C and D class bookings on Amadeus systems (which I guess refers to Business Class)

Could someone help shed some light on this please?

Thanks.

FlyingSicilian

RE: Continental LAX-IAH 757-300 Business Class?

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:34 pm

domestically CO has First and Coach/Economy classes, not business, even on aircraft that fly their "businessfirst" class on long haul/int'l routes. CO only flies two classes.
“Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy.Sicily is the key of everything.”-Goethe "Journey to Italy"

ikramerica

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Business Class term is used on flights that "continue" to an international destination (or continue from one), even if it's a domestic first product. This is because, when booked as a direct flight, it must be bookable as Business in the system, not First, as CO has no international F product. At least this is how it was explained to me.

But 294 doesn't continue as a direct flight. That said, when i check status for today, yesterday, Sat and Sun, it's on a 752 which has BF seats. It's the same aircraft that runs CO65 EWR-LAX. Are you positive it's a 753?
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

docpepz

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:59 pm

It's actually for April. When I try to retrieve the booking on the CO website, it says that I am on "First Class" (Code I). And yes, the itinerary states that it is a 757-300, and the seat map shows 6 rows of a 2-2 configuration.

I used BMI to redeem this sector in "Business" (it appears as Business on the itinerary) but it seems that I got a domestic first class product. My good luck I suppose.... Anyway with no lounge access and possibly a really simple meal service, I doubt that the domestic first product on the 757-300 from LAX to IAH is anything to shout about? Flight time's about 3 hours. Is there any IFE etc....

star_world

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Quoting DocPepz (Reply 3):
I used BMI to redeem this sector in "Business" (it appears as Business on the itinerary) but it seems that I got a domestic first class product. My good luck I suppose.... Anyway with no lounge access and possibly a really simple meal service, I doubt that the domestic first product on the 757-300 from LAX to IAH is anything to shout about? Flight time's about 3 hours. Is there any IFE etc....

This is standard in the US. For two-class aircraft in the US, a business class *A redemption (I) will book into domestic F. The same applies to RTW tickets, etc.

There are some 3-class aircraft operated in the US by UA - if you make a *A reward booking on these aircraft in I class you will end up in the business class cabin - more miles are required to travel in F.

Hope this makes sense...