CSTOE
Topic Author

Non Rev From SIN To Europe

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi!

Is SIN a nightmare for the non rev PAXs? I am planning to spend a few weeks in Indonesia...and apparently the best way to get to CGK is via SIN or KUL.
I am aware that BKK, SIN and KUL are not very wise choices for non rev PAXs...but to get to CGK (staring point FRA)...my options are not as many as i would like.

The draft is as follows:

Mid June (low season by SE Asia standards) on Friday/Saturday evening (to make things even worst).
SIN - FRA/CDG/LHR/FCO/etc...(doesn’t matter where..as long as i get to Europe it will be ok).

SQ is not an option - i am not willing to fly ID75!
LH, AF, BA, SK and QF (especially the latter) to be my most viable options...

Am i looking for trouble?  
Will QF (just a mere example) accept a SIN-FRA ticket for the SIN-LHR route? I am just asking because LHR taxes are sky-high....

Any advice on how to get to Europe (hassle free)?

Tks!

JRadier

RE: Non Rev From SIN To Europe

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:34 pm

First thing that came to mind for me was doing a SIN-DXB-Europe or a SIN-NRT-Europe. Not the shortest way, but it shouldn't be as big a nightmare as non-stop is
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

MH017

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:51 am

Alternately you can fly DPS-SIN-DOH-Europe on QR (if DPS is your final destination) or even try DPS-SIN-AMS or CGK-KUL-AMS on KL (which surprisingly lacks your list)...
don't throw away tomorrow !

CSTOE
Topic Author

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:27 pm

You are right...i forgot KL! Yes...DPS is my final destination  
Seems like you have done it before uhm?