TLHFLA
Topic Author

Star Alliance Question - Reroutings

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:12 pm

I am scheduled to fly ATL-EWR-LIS tomorrow on Contiental, and it looks like things could get interesting with the storm that is brewing for tomorrow. With the STAR Alliance is it possible to be rerouted to another STAR carrier in an event like this? To my knowledge the only other option might be Lufthansa via FRA.
Bill in ATL

qm001

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi,

From experience in this situation, I can tell you that they will most definitely reroute you if needed. It may not be LH via FRA, but there are plenty of options. CO is generally very generous with rebookings in my experience, or then again, maybe I have been lucky!

Brgds,

QM001
I wish there was still a flying boat service on the African Lakes!

OA260

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Yes the airline should issue you with a FIM and they usually have preference over their own partners/alliance etc..

rcaq

RE: Star Alliance Question - Reroutings

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 am

Is this likely to be true for the following situation?
flying VIE-FRA-NRT on NH
the VIE-FRA leg, however, is a codeshare flight on LH

in case of whatever happens to LH flights - be it weather or w/e - they still would be willing to reroute my flights then?

usflyer msp

RE: Star Alliance Question - Reroutings

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:44 am

Quoting TLHFLA (Thread starter):
I am scheduled to fly ATL-EWR-LIS tomorrow on Contiental, and it looks like things could get interesting with the storm that is brewing for tomorrow.

CO probably won't rebook you on another carrier if it is a weather problem. In my experience, they are the most anal about it.