ua777222
Topic Author

LAX United International Departures Question

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:38 am

Hello all-

I just got done booking my travel for a trip to Europe this summer.

After going through the itinerary (rewards travel), I looked at the connection I had to make at LAX from SFO (routing SFO-LAX-LHR-DUB). With just an hour of a connection time, I called the desk back to request a change to the earlier flight. The agent told me that a change would not be necessary since both flights were arriving and departing out of the same terminal. My flight from SFO and to LHR apparently both arrive and depart out of T7.

Is this true or should I go ahead a change to an earlier flight anyways? It was my understanding that they were in separate terminals and that to get to the international terminal, I would have to leave security and walk/bus it and then get rescreened (reasoning for wanting more than an hour to transfer)

I should know the answer to this but it's been forever since I last flew international out of LAX (03' LAX-FRA).

Thanks!
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

The777Man

RE: LAX United International Departures Question

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:58 pm

The flight from SFO arrives in Terminal 7 and the flight to LHR departs from Terminal 7 so you can connect with very little time. Even if your flight is running late, you can usually make a connection in less than 10 mins.

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

ua777222
Topic Author

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:41 am

Should I swap in case of a gate change or delay? Is T7 not the hardest to get into with security.

Thanks.

LAXintl

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:33 am

Regardless of where United parks your flighs in any of the terminals they operate from (T-6-7-8), they are all linked and do not require any added security clearance.

Only issue I could see is on the SFO end, as weather wise the airport is notorious for delays even mid summer when the fog is around. But a 60-minute UA-UA LAX connection is very possible, and technically the minimum connection time that is published is 30-mins.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ua777222
Topic Author

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:30 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 3):
Regardless of where United parks your flighs in any of the terminals they operate from (T-6-7-8), they are all linked and do not require any added security clearance.

That's exactly the answer I was looking for.

Thanks a bunch.