xtoler
Topic Author

ATL To Georgetown, Guyana

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:19 am

Stupid question. Anyone know the cheepest and shortest deals from ATL to Guyana? Formerly British Guyana?
EMB145 F/A, F/E, J41 F/A, F/E, because my wife clipped my wings, armchair captain

usflyer msp

RE: ATL To Georgetown, Guyana

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:22 am

DL flies there from JFK but flying via POS is usually cheaper and more convenient for most people.

BE77

RE: ATL To Georgetown, Guyana

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 am

Probably most sensible if the times work at all is ATL > MIA on whichever line works for you, then MIA > POS > GEO on BW.

There are several carriers that travel USA to POS. (CO, AA, DL), so if you can fnd something more direct or better to POS, then cool. (I connect through YYZ, which has a few more options for GEO as well, but I mostly go to PBM now).

However, one advantage of BW is that in transit passengers through POS do not have to clear customs, which means one less lineup in your day. In transit passengers not on BW for both legs and / or changing airlines must clear customs no matter which airline(s) are involved.
BW has several flights per day POS GEO, so if a connection misses, then you still have a chance.

DL and iI think North American go from JFK as well. When we travelled through GEO for work, a lot of people took the flight if it made sense, but it is a once per day deal, so any problems and you are a day late.

If it turns out you're going to overnight in POS, be sure to have a good hotel booked in advance! Actually, make sure you know where you're going in GEO before you get there too.

(I still miss the BW L1011's!)
Tower, Affirmitive, gear is down and welded