mdavies06
Topic Author

Flying Domestic In Iran

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi,

I am looking to book a one week vacation in Iran in May/June this year. Of all the tour packages I am considering, they all feature at least 1 domestic leg in Iran (including Tehran-Shiraz, Shiraz-Esfahan and Esfahan-Tehran - although some of the tour packages use the 'land option' for some of these legs instead). I know one of tour packages use IR but I haven't asked about the others. What is the level of safety standard and on time performance for Iranian airlines domestically? What type of equipments are used and is there anything special that need to be considered when flying domestically in Iran?

Thanks
Mdavies06

sw733

RE: Flying Domestic In Iran

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Quoting mdavies06 (Thread starter):
What is the level of safety standard and on time performance for Iranian airlines domestically? What type of equipments are used and is there anything special that need to be considered when flying domestically in Iran?

You should be fine. It's not the UK, but it's also not Congo. I would not worry too much about it.

A lot of the planes will be older, largely because they have never been able to buy new Boeing planes (but I believe they can buy Airbus planes). For example, Iran Air Tours runs TU-154 aircraft, Mahan runs A300s (which are getting up there in age!). I believe they are generally well taken care of, though.

Braniff747SP

RE: Flying Domestic In Iran

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Quoting sw733 (Reply 1):
but I believe they can buy Airbus planes

They can not, as the high level of American parts in Airbuses (Airbii?) falls under the embargo with the US.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!