Cadet985
Topic Author

First Long Range Flight On Continental

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Hey everyone...this coming Monday (March 15), I'll be boarding CO668. The only other experience I have with CO is a flight from EWR-DCA. Do they offer any IFE or anything? Food isn't a big issue since I always eat before I get on the plane, but if they offer any kind of food service, I wouldn't complain. My return flight is CO369 Thursday night.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for travelling Continental.

I'll be sure to post a TR when I get home.

Marc

tommy767

RE: First Long Range Flight On Continental

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Expect some sort of hot snack on the EWR-LAS segment. I'd eat before the meal because every time i've flown domestically on CO the meals have really never been that much to hold me over.

Plan to get to EWR early before your flight for all the routine terminal C nonsense. Expect a very long security line for the mid morning departures and if possible print your boarding pass out before you leave for the airport.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

ewrflyer412

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Quoting Tommy767 (Reply 1):
Expect some sort of hot snack on the EWR-LAS segment. I'd eat before the meal because every time i've flown domestically on CO the meals have really never been that much to hold me over.

Plan to get to EWR early before your flight for all the routine terminal C nonsense. Expect a very long security line for the mid morning departures and if possible print your boarding pass out before you leave for the airport.

That's good advice. Always do online check-in when flying out of EWR, especially if you're going through terminal C. Security is guaranteed to be a pain regardless of what time you're going. You'll save yourself a lot of time by printing out your boarding pass beforehand.

Cadet985
Topic Author

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:19 am

Thanks for the responses so far. My car service is picking me up between 4 and 5 for a 10:35 flight. I figure, at latest, I'll get to EWR at about 7:30 or 8 (I live in Philly).

The other question I have is regarding baggage fees. Can I pay them in advance, and just drop the suitcase off?

ewrflyer412

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:46 am

Quoting Cadet985 (Reply 3):
Thanks for the responses so far. My car service is picking me up between 4 and 5 for a 10:35 flight. I figure, at latest, I'll get to EWR at about 7:30 or 8 (I live in Philly).

The other question I have is regarding baggage fees. Can I pay them in advance, and just drop the suitcase off?

That will give you plenty of time. Even if you leave at 5, you should be fine. I'm actually doing the opposite of you on Saturday, as I live 20 miles west of EWR but am flying out of PHL.

I don't know of any way to do that for CO. Any time I have checked a bag it's been pretty easy as you just pay as you're checking in at the kiosk and swipe your card right there. Of course, I try to avoid it as it's $25 for the first bag.